Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm a bad blogger....


I know.

It's been an entire week since my last post.

To be honest, I thought it more like two weeks, so now I feel a little less guilty. But because I was raised Jewish, I can't not feel a little guilty. About anything. Or everything. Depends on the day.

Anyway, the reason I haven't written here is because I've been busy writing elsewhere -- namely working on the revision of my second book. Hopefully I'll be posting a picture of the cover (designed by the incredibly talented Kristin Smith, who did CE as well) soon. It's super cute.

I use a lot of birth metaphors when I talk about writing, and I was thinking about how each book really is like a kid. With CE I felt like I had all this time to...prepare. And I did, because I didn't have a lot going on. But now, in addition to writing the second one, I also have a close-to-full time job at MTV (Did I mention that? I can't remember. Well, I do. I develop the original movies) and I'm busy promoting CE. So now I'm that frazzled working mother who feels guilty (there's that word again) that she's not giving the kids enough attention and worries (another byproduct of Judaism) that they'll begin acting out in inappropriate ways and end up having Lifetime Original Movies based on them.

Hopefully not. Hopefully they'll remain upstanding, well-written citizens and everything will get done and everything will be fine and I can stop worrying.

At least that's what people tell me will be the case. I don't really believe them , but just for today I'll nod and smile and pretend that I do.

No comments: