Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I swore I was going to wait...


...until I saw Tom Collins, my prom date, again at my reading at Barnes & Noble in Freehold, NJ on Thursday, March 6th ( click here to see a list of my upcoming appearaces) where I was planning on taking a "now" picture and posting it along side this one, but I'm way too much of an instant gratification junkie to wait that long.

Plus I have nothing else to write about today because I have a god-awful cold and can't think straight because my head weighs nine million pounds.

But back to the picture.

So as Cindy Ella is about the prom, I thought that not sharing a picture of my own prom would be a sin of omission, even though every time I look at it I cringe and turn red, even in the privacy of my own apartment.

FROSTED blonde highlights?! What was I thinking? That being said, it was 1986. And it was New Jersey. 'Nuf said.

So that's me and Tom, who, in addition to being my date was also my boyfriend, except we used to break up every other day because we fought ALL THE TIME. But even now, all these years later, I still consider him one of the funniest people I've ever met.

I got an email from him a few years ago and it turns out he's divorced with two daughters and now living back in Ocean Township, which is where we went to high school. I happened to be living in New York that summer so I took the train out there for the day and we had lunch and it was so much fun. And we didn't even fight.

No comments: