Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A cat on a head is worth...


Okay, maybe it's not worth any money, but it's worth a laugh, which I sorely needed as I walked by this guy this morning.

The day did not start off all that great. In fact, forget great -- it didn't even start off good. In fact, it started off really shitty. But when I saw this guy on Broadway as I was walking to work I took it as a sign that I should just lighten up. Which I did. And I took it as a sign that I should take a picture of him with my BlackBerry. I stalked him for a while, and then as I was taking one more, he whipped around and caught me mid-snap.

Me (trying to pretend I'm not about to take a picture of him): Oh. Can I, uh, take a picture of you?

Him: You know, I really need money to eat.

Me (fishing in wallet for a dollar): Here. I have a dollar. Is that good?

(Like he's going to say "No"?)

Him: That would be great.

So I gave the cathead man a dollar for my picture.

Maybe I should try and train O'Neill to stand on my head. It could help pay for this next round of psychoanalysis that begins tomorrow.

1 comment:

Little Willow said...

A picture is worth a thousand words... and a hundred cents.