Friday, April 25, 2008

Greetings from L.A.

I had planned to blog a lot more while I was here, but between signings, school visits, seeing friends, eating at my favorite restaurants, yoga, and working (that thing they pay me for so I have a roof over my head and O'Neill can eat that special urinary tract formula cat food because he's a very sensitive cat), I've been a very busy girl.

Being in L.A. has been great for a variety of reasons; the most important one being that I've been able to see how NYC is now most definitely my home. I will admit it's nice to be able to not have to worry about how much food you buy at the supermarket because you can just shove it in the trunk rather than have to haul it back by foot to your apartment, but other than that, and my friends, and my yoga teacher, and Target, I don't really miss anything here.

Okay, so obviously I miss some stuff.

I read at Barnes & Noble in Huntington Beach last night and it was a lovely evening. I met a woman and her granddaughter who had both read CE, as had the girl's mother who was home sick. The idea that three generations of women read the book is just fantastic. They're going to send me a picture of the three of them so that I can post it.

Today I'm going to Harvard Westlake to talk to some students. Interestingly enough, it's the school that was the model for Castle Heights! Tomorrow I sign at the Borders and Penguin booths at the LA Times Book Festival and then I fly home at 7am (I know, I know, what was I thinking?!) on Sunday. As comfortable as my friend Amy's bed has been (she was gracious enough to let me stay at her place while she's in Florida this week), I'm looking forward to being in my own on Sunday night.

I realize this is a very boring post and I aplogize for that. I'm just a wee bit tired at the moment.

Anyway, as nice as it is to be here, I'm ready to be back on the subway.

No comments: