This is going around Facebook and, this morning, because I was looking for an excuse for not doing my work, I decided to come up with 25 random facts about me.
Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs, on your profile, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people, then click publish)
1. I'm colorblind.
2. When I was five, I changed my name to Thumbelina for two days and would not answer to anything else.
3. I'm still bummed that, in a fit of pride and a desire to prove my maturity, I threw my blankie out when I was seven and that by the time I came to my senses, the garbage man had already taken it away.
4. I can't believe I was a blonde for all those years. I'm so a brunette at heart.
5. I'm never happier or feel like I'm more myself than when I'm writing. Even on the days when it's not going well.
6. At some point I'd love to go to Pacifica University and get my degree in Depth Psychology and become a Jungian psychoanalyst in addition to writing.
7. I'd like to live in Paris for a while.
8. My dream is to be able to split my time between Manhattan and a house in upstate New York or western MA.
9. I'm incredibly disorganized.
10. As moderation is not one of my strong suits, I can't keep a box of cookies in the house without eating the whole thing.
11. I studied French for 12 years but have a horrible accent so I'm self-conscious about speaking.
12. If I had a daughter, I'd name her Clementine.
13. One day a few years ago when I was questioning whether I was on the right track with the writing, I was walking down 3rd Ave and I said to myself "I need a sign" and a black Towncar pulled up and Joan Didion got out. The next day I started writing CINDY ELLA, which became my first published novel.
14. I have two tattoos.
15. I could listen to Joni Mitchell and Miles Davis all day.
16. If I have learned anything, it's that everything passes. Most of the time not as quickly as I'd like, but it does pass.
17. I'm somewhat shocked at how many of my dreams have proved to be prescient.
18. I'm pretty sure one of my cats has Aspergers Syndrome.
19. I used to smoke a pack and a half a day for 15 years.
20. I really have no interest in cooking.
21. I was almost the Johnson & Johnson No More Tangles girl.
22. I've only been in a cab 4 times since I moved to New York. My favorite thing about living here is that I get to walk so much.
23. I tend to eat the same thing for lunch every day until I burn out on it completely. This month it's Amy's Brown Rice Bowls.
24. Sometimes in yoga, when it comes time to do crow pose, I say a very un-yogic "F*ck" under my breath because all these years later, I still can't do it.
25. I am incredibly happy and content in my life at the moment - and it's taken every day of the last 40 years to get here.