Monday, July 28, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive...

...I just haven't written here for - oh - over a MONTH.

It's been super busy. All good stuff, but I have now officially become one of those New Yorkers who doesn't have time to breathe and rushes around the city and thinks about what it'll be like when I finally have that house in the country that I can go to on the weekends so I actually can breathe.

London was fantastic (can't believe that was almost a month ago!). Great weather, great company, great food.

And now I'm back, with a new obsession which is looking for an apartment for September. I've found one that I love. Click here to read Ariel's column on how I've been going about it. (I am - and will forever be - Sophie in her columns. Although sometimes I am also Heather, which makes me feel like I suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder).

Also, this essay entitled "I'm Y.A. and I'm Okay" appeared in last week's NY Times Book Review about the prejudice against YA vs. "real" novelists. I especially love Mark Haddon's quote. As for me, I definitely get a lot of sympathetic looks that translate to "Oh, don't worry -- if you work hard enough and really hone your skills, then maybe one day you'll write a real, honest-to-goodness adult novel."

Um, yeah, thanks.

More later. Now it's back to scouring Craig's List for more 250 square foot apartments for $1800 to go see.

No comments: