Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yet more about me-me-me-me-me

My posting habits have been atrocious -- mainly because I've been so busy writing. But someone sent this to me and I figured instead of being creative and coming up with something original, instead I'd be ultra lame and just answer these questions.

1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?

Other than with my new book? No. I'm not even in an UNserious relationship at the moment.

2) What was your dream growing up?

My dream was...drumroll please...to write books. Look at that -- it came true!

3) What talent do you wish you had?

I wish I knew how to play piano.

4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?

In the summer? Iced tea. In the winter? A nonfat cappucino.

5) Favorite vegetable?

As of this year, beets. Crazy, huh? I spent the 39 previous years avoiding them like the plague.

6) What was the last book you read?

I re-read PLAY IT AS IT LAYS by Joan Didion for like the 10th time. Favorite. Book. Ever.

7) What zodiac sign are you?

First day of Aquarius. Taurus rising. PIsces moon. Venus in Pisces. Oh, and 6 planets in the 12th house. Now you know exactly why I am the way I am.

8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.

Two tattoos. One is the Chinese symbol for strength and it's right above my left hipbone. The other is on my lower back (a.k.a. trampstamp) and it's a fleur-de-lys in the middle of a butterfly.

9) Worst Habit?

Worrying that it's all going to fall apart five minutes from now.

10) What is your favorite sport?

Yoga's not a sport, is it? It it were, it would be yoga. To watch, I'd say tennis and basketball.

11) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?

It depends on where I am in my menstrual cycle. But I guess in general I would call myself an optimist who has to work hard to keep her pessimistic leanings in check.

12) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?

Try not to worry that I was going to use all the oxygen up. (see questions 9 and 11)

13) Worst thing to ever happen to you?

My mother dying when I was six.

14) What's one weird fact about you?

Just one? Hmm...I've lived in NYC for a year and a half and I've only been in a cab 4 times?

15) Do you have any pets?

Two cats. O'Neill, who is named after Eugene and is the sweetest thing in the entire world although he has a perpetually worried look on his face; and Onyx, who I'm pretty sure has Aspergers Syndrome. It's her world and O'Neill and I are just lucky to live in it.

16) What would you do if someone showed up at your house unexpectedly?

Offer them some water.

17) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?

Neither. I think they're annoying.

18) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?

Seeing that I've worked incredibly hard on self-acceptance over the last decade, I'm gonna go with nothing.

19) Are you more a partner-in-crime or conscience?

Depends on the day.

20) What color eyes do you have?

Blue

21) Ever been arrested?

Nope

22) Bottle or can soda?

As Tab only comes in cans and it's my favorite, I'm gonna say can.

23) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?

Put it towards a down payment on a house in upstate NY or western MA.

24) What's your favorite place to hang out?

Central Park

25) Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes

26) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?

What spare time?

27) Do you swear a lot?

I go in phases. The last few days, yes.

28) Biggest pet peeve?

People who are self-absorbed and narcissistic.

29) In one word, how would you describe yourself?

Grateful.

30) Do you believe/appreciate romance?

Hmm...I appreciate it, but the the older I get and the more research I do and read, I don't believe in it in the way that Hallmark sells it to us. What people think of as romance and true love is actually a hormonal, chemical reaction to a human being and a host of projections that, after about 3 months, begin to be withdrawn, leaving us with realization that said human being is exactly that - a human being - which can be a total and complete bummer when you've been operating under the mistaken assumption that they're perfect. It's only when what we call "romance" is gone that it actually starts to become a relationship rather than just an infatuation. I think this is probably a much longer answer than anyone wanted to hear.

31) Favorite and least favorite food?

Favorite: cupcakes
Least Favorite: liver

32) Do you believe in God?

I believe in a force that is much greater and much wiser than my finite self. But do I believe in God in the traditional sense as an old man with a beard sitting on a throne in judgement of me? No.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this a lot. I sure got to know a lot about you from these questions and answers.
I wish I knew how to play the piano too :( I kinda know twinkle twinkle little star haha
I like your answer to 30 the most.

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I looked at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Playstation tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Football game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?