Saturday, January 19, 2008

I guess I'm legit...


Okay, I'm going to out myself:


Now that my book is going to be published in 18 (but who's counting) days, I've started Googling myself on a semi-regular (okay, scratch the "semi" part) basis to see what comes up. I know it sounds self-involved and narcissistic, but I've been told that's what authors do.


And if they say that they don't, they're lying.


So today I saw that Time Out New York Kids has my Barnes & Noble Park Slope reading and signing appearance listed here which for some reason has made the whole thing a lot more real.


Not only that, but it's spurred on outfit anxiety.


And on February 6th, I'll be one of four readers at Teen Author Reading Night at the Jefferson Market Branch of NYPL, located at 425 6th Ave, at 10th St., NYC, from 6-7:30 p.m, hosted by David Levithan who, along with being a very talented and prolific author himself, is also an editor. You can check out his website here.


More outfit anxiety.


And because it's the dead of winter, I can't even wear flip-flops in honor of Cindy.


No comments: